The custom car painting platform for iRacing.
Trading Paints adds custom car liveries to iRacing. Design your own cars or race with pre-made paint schemes shared from the community of painters.
Create an account
Trading Paints is a place for painters and racers to post their original livery design work for iRacing. We’re a creative-focused community with the goal of building the best possible place to showcase sim-racing paint designs and the artists behind the work.
Our members — the thousands of racers and painters that make up the community — are the most important part of Trading Paints. As such, we want to hold ourselves to high standards and we aspire to provide a place that is fair, welcoming, inclusive, and supportive.
Here are some basic do’s and don’ts for using Trading Paints.
- Upload only your own work. If you didn’t make it or don’t have written permission to use it, don’t upload it. We’re a community of creative people, and it’s important we respect each other and each other’s work. If you use a layer or resource provided by another painter, give credit where it’s due.
- Upload only your best, finished work. We want to showcase the finest you’ve got to offer, so make sure you’ve taken the time to line up seams, style each part of the car, and upload race-ready cars you’d actually want to drive yourself.
- Show off your work with nice screenshots! Posting in the public Showroom? Be proud of your work and take the time to present it well: crank up your graphics settings, post the car from different angles, and consider close-up views. Sometimes, a good presentation makes all the difference. In addition to using 3D viewer inside the iRacing UI playing around with the iRacing sim’s camera tools using Ctrl + F12 and Ctrl + Z in the replay view.
- Make it yours! Let everybody know who you are by uploading a profile photo and completing your bio. But, on the other hand, if you’re uploading one of your paints to share with other racers, don’t forget to remove your signature and personal markings!
- Be cool. Like a paint? Hit the favorite button. Impressed by someone’s work? Let them know in the comments. You might just make somebody’s day by spreading some positivity.
- Don’t upload anything you didn’t create or you do not have permission to use. Don’t modify someone else’s work and upload it as your own unless they’ve given you written permission and you provide fair credits.
- Don’t post submissions to the Showroom that do not contain accurate iRacing screenshots. Everybody wants to see what your paint looks like when it’s in the sim (or iRacing 3D Car Viewer), not what it looked like in real life or in another game.
- Don’t post adult-themed content — including logos promoting adult-themed or pornographic content. Consider the next generation of young racers and painters in the community. A good rule of thumb is to ask yourself if your design is something you’d see on a real car in a mainstream racing series.
- Don’t post political content. Don’t post content that endorses or advertises for (or against) a political candidate, figure or party. The nature of political content is not something we believe should be part of the Trading Paints experience. (Of course, content featuring causes promoting human and civil rights, which are issues that are not political, is allowed.)
- Don’t be a jerk. Don’t use Trading Paints to harass, threaten, or abuse anyone. Do not post spam messages or comments. If you feel you must share feedback, keep it positive and constructive. Don’t use Trading Paints to promote disinformation. Hate speech or hate symbols in any form are not allowed anywhere.
The bottom line:
We reserve the right to remove any paint, piece of content, or member that violates these guidelines. We prefer not to do that, so we’d appreciate your help as we try to create the best community for painters possible.